1. What extr information is had in the 12-bit extended system i would of a BPDU?
MAC addressVLAN ID*IP addressport ID
2. During the implementation of extending Tree Protocol, every switches space rebooted through the network administrator. What is the first step of the spanning-tree choice process?
Each switch v a lower root ID than its neighbor will not send BPDUs.
You are watching: You have just connected four switches as shown in the exhibit
All the switches send out BPDUs proclaiming themselves together the root bridge.*Each move determines the best path to forward traffic.Each move determines what port to block to stop a loop from occurring.
3. I beg your pardon STP port function is adopted by a switch port if over there is no other port with a lower expense to the root bridge?
designated portroot port*alternatedisabled port
4. I beg your pardon two ideas relate come a switch port that is plan to have only end tools attached and also intended never to be offered to attach to an additional switch? (Choose two.)
bridge IDedge port*extended system IDPortFast*PVST+
5. I beg your pardon three components are an unified to kind a bridge ID?
extended system ID*costIP addressbridge priority*MAC address*port ID
Explanation: The three components that are linked to type a bridge ID room bridge priority, expanded system ID, and also MAC address.
6. Match the STP protocol through the correct description. (Not all choices are used.)
7. In which two port says does a switch find out MAC addresses and process BPDUs in a PVST network? (Choose two.)
Explanation: Switches find out MAC addresses at the learning and also forwarding port states. They obtain and procedure BPDUs at the blocking, listening, learning, and also forwarding harbor states.
8. If no leg priority is configured in PVST, which criteria is thought about when electing the root bridge?
lowest MAC address*lowest IP addresshighest IP addresshighest MAC address
Explanation: Only one switch have the right to be the root leg for a VLAN. The root bridge is the switch v the lowest BID. The BID is established by priority and also the MAC address. If no priority is configured then every switches use the default priority and also the election of the source bridge will certainly be based upon the lowest MAC address.
9. Match the spanning-tree feature with the protocol type. (Not all choices are used.)
10. Once the display spanning-tree vlan 33 command is issued on a switch, 3 ports are shown in the forwarding state. In which two port roles can these interfaces function while in the forwarding state? (Choose two.)
Explanation: The duty of every of the three ports will certainly be one of two people designated port or root port. Ports in the disabled state room administratively disabled. Ports in the prevent state are alternate ports.
11. What is the function of STP in a scalable network?
It decreases the dimension of the fail domain come contain the affect of failures.It protects the edge of the companies network native malicious activity.It combine multiple move trunk links to act as one logical connect for enhanced bandwidth.It disables redundant routes to get rid of Layer 2 loops.*
12. What is a characteristics of covering tree?
It is allowed by default on Cisco switches.*It is provided to uncover information around an nearby Cisco device.It has actually a TTL mechanism that functions at class 2.It stays clear of propagation of layer 2 broadcast frames.
13. Which covering tree conventional supports just one root bridge so that traffic from all VLANs flows over the exact same path?
Explanation: MST is the Cisco implementation that MSTP, one IEEE typical protocol that offers up come 16 instances that RSTP. PVST+ provides a separate 802.1D spanning-tree instance for every VLAN the is configured in the network. 802.1D is the original STP standard characterized by the IEEE and permits for just one root leg for every VLANs. 802.1w, or RSTP, provides faster convergence yet still supplies only one STP circumstances for all VLANs.
14. What is the purpose of the spanning Tree Protocol (STP)?
creates smaller sized collision domainsprevents routing loops on a routerprevents great 2 loops*allows Cisco gadgets to exchange routing table updatescreates smaller sized broadcast domains
15. What is the value offered to identify which port on a non-root leg will come to be a root port in a STP network?
the course cost*the greatest MAC attend to of every the port in the switchthe shortest MAC attend to of every the port in the switchthe VTP revision number
16. Describe the exhibit.
Which switch will certainly be the root leg after the election process is complete?
Explanation: The root bridge is determined by the lowest bridge ID, which is composed of the priority value and the MAC address. Due to the fact that the priority values of all of the switches are identical, the MAC address is offered to identify the root bridge. Since S2 has actually the shortest MAC address, S2 i do not care the source bridge.
17. What are two limit to transforming spanning tree off and having multiple courses through the layer 2 switch network? (Choose two.)
The MAC deal with table becomes unstable.*The move acts favor a hub.Port security becomes unstable.Broadcast frames are transmitted indefinitely.*Port security shuts down every one of the harbor that have attached devices.
Explanation: Spanning tree have to never it is in disabled. Without it, the MAC resolve table i do not care unstable, transfer storms have the right to render network clients and the switches unusable, and also multiple copies of unicast frames deserve to be yielded to the end devices.
18. A little company network has six interconnected class 2 switches. Right now all switches room using the default leg priority value. I m sorry value have the right to be offered to configure the leg priority of among the switches to ensure the it i do not care the root bridge in this design?
Explanation: The default leg priority worth for every Cisco switches is 32768. The variety is 0 come 61440 in increments that 4096. Thus, the values 1 and 34816 space invalid. Configuring one switch with the lower value the 28672 (and leaving the bridge priority worth of all other switches unchanged) will make the switch end up being the root bridge.
19. Refer to the exhibit.
The administrator do the efforts to develop an EtherChannel in between S1 and the other two switches via the regulates that space shown, however was unsuccessful. What is the problem?
Traffic can not be sent to two different switches through the exact same EtherChannel link.*Traffic can not be sent to two different switches, yet only to 2 different devices like an EtherChannel-enabled server and also a switch.Traffic have the right to only be sent out to two different switches if EtherChannel is imposed on Gigabit Ethernet interfaces.Traffic have the right to only be sent to two different switches if EtherChannel is enforced on class 3 switches.
20. I m sorry statement is true regarding the use of PAgP to develop EtherChannels?
It requires full duplex.It rises the variety of ports that room participating in covering tree.It requires more physical web links than LACP does.It mandates the an even variety of ports (2, 4, 6, etc.) be used for aggregation.It is Cisco proprietary.*
Explanation: PAgP is supplied to automatically aggregate multiple ports right into an EtherChannel bundle, yet it only works between Cisco devices. LACP deserve to be offered for the same purpose between Cisco and non-Cisco devices. PAgP must have actually the exact same duplex setting at both ends and can use 2 ports or more. The variety of ports depends on the switch platform or module. An EtherChannel aggregated link is viewed as one port by the spanning-tree algorithm.
21. What are two demands to have the ability to configure an EtherChannel in between two switches? (Choose two.)
All the interfaces must work at the exact same speed.*All interfaces need to be assigned to different VLANs.Different allowed ranges of VLANs must exist on each end.All the interfaces must be working in the exact same duplex mode.*The interfaces that are connected need to be contiguous ~ above the switch.
Explanation: All interfaces in the EtherChannel bundle should be assigned come the same VLAN or be configured together a trunk. If the allowed range of VLANs is no the same, the interfaces execute not form an EtherChannel even when set to auto or preferable mode.
22. Describe the exhibit.
On the basis of the output that is shown, what have the right to be determined about the EtherChannel bundle?
The EtherChannel bundle is down.Two Gigabit Ethernet ports are offered to type the EtherChannel.A Cisco proprietary protocol was provided to negotiate the EtherChannel link.*The EtherChannel bundle is operation at both layer 2 and also Layer 3.
Explanation: Two protocols have the right to be used to send negotiation frames that are supplied to try to develop an EtherChannel link: PAgP and LACP. PAgP is Cisco proprietary, and LACP adheres to the industry standard.
23. Which two parameters must complement on the ports of two switches to produce a PAgP EtherChannel between the switches? (Choose two.)
port IDPAgP modeMAC addressSpeed*VLAN information*
Explanation: For one EtherChannel to it is in created, the ports the are pertained to on the 2 switches must complement in terms of the speed, duplex, and VLAN information. The PAgP setting must be compatible but not have to equal. The port ID and also the MAC addresses carry out not have to match.
24. Refer to the exhibit.
A network administrator is configuring one EtherChannel link in between two switches, SW1 and also SW2. Which statement defines the result after the regulates are approve on SW1 and SW2?
The EtherChannel is created after SW2 initiates the link request.The EtherChannel is created after SW1 initiates the attach request.The EtherChannel is established without negotiation.The EtherChannel stops working to establish.*
25. Describe the exhibit.
A network administrator is configuring one EtherChannel link between two switches, SW1 and also SW2. However, the EtherChannel connect fails come establish. What change in configuration would correct the problem?
Configure SW2 EtherChannel setting to desirable.*Configure SW2 EtherChannel setting to on.Configure SW1 EtherChannel setting to on.Configure SW2 EtherChannel mode to auto.
Explanation: The EtherChannel mode must it is in compatible on each side for the attach to work. The three modes from PAgP protocol room on, desirable, and also auto. The three modes from LACP protocol room on, active, and passive. The compatible modes include on-on, auto-desirable, desirable-desirable, active-passive, and active-active. Any type of other combinations will not type an EtherChannel link.
26. A network administrator configured an EtherChannel attach with three interfaces between two switches. What is the result if among the 3 interfaces is down?
The remaining two interfaces proceed to pack balance traffic.*The continuing to be two interfaces end up being separate links in between the two switches.One user interface becomes an active link because that data traffic and the various other becomes a backup link.The EtherChannel fails.
Explanation: EtherChannel create an aggregation the is viewed as one logical link. It provides redundancy because the all at once link is one logical connection. The lose of one physical connect within the channel walk not develop a adjust in the topology; the EtherChannel remains functional.
27. A network administrator is configuring an EtherChannel link in between switches SW1 and also SW2 by using the command SW1(config-if-range)# channel-group 1 setting auto . I beg your pardon command should be provided on SW2 to allow this EtherChannel?
SW2(config-if-range)# channel-group 1 mode passiveSW2(config-if-range)# channel-group 1 setting desirable*SW2(config-if-range)# channel-group 1 mode onSW2(config-if-range)# channel-group 1 mode active
Explanation: The possible combinations to establish an EtherChannel between SW1 and SW2 using LACP or PAgP room as follows:PAgPon onauto desirabledesirable desirableLACPon onactive activepassive activeThe EtherChannel mode chosen on every side the the EtherChannel have to be compatible in stimulate to enable it.
28. Which technology is an open up protocol typical that enables switches to instantly bundle physics ports into a solitary logical link?
Explanation: LACP, or link Aggregation regulate Protocol, is identified by IEEE 802.3ad and also is an open up standard protocol. LACP allows switches to immediately bundle move ports into a single logical link to boost bandwidth. PAgP, or harbor Aggregation Protocol, performs a comparable function, yet it is a Cisco proprietary protocol. DTP is Dynamic Trunking Protocol and is provided to automatically and dynamically develop trunks in between switches. Multilink PPP is used to load-balance PPP traffic throughout multiple serial interfaces.
29. What is a requirement to configure a trunking EtherChannel between two switches?
The allowed selection of VLANs should be the very same on both switches.*The participating interfaces have to be assigned the same VLAN number top top both switches.The participating interfaces should be physical contiguous top top a switch.The participating interfaces should be ~ above the exact same module ~ above a switch.
Explanation: To permit a trunking EtherChannel successfully, the range of VLANs permitted on all the interfaces should match; otherwise, the EtherChannel can not be formed. The interfaces affiliated in one EtherChannel do not have to be physically contiguous, or top top the exact same module. Due to the fact that the EtherChannel is a trunking one, participating interfaces room configured together trunk mode, not accessibility mode.
30. What space two benefits of utilizing LACP? (Choose two.)
It allows directly associated switches to negotiate one EtherChannel link.*It eliminates the need for configuring stems interfaces as soon as deploying VLANs on lot of switches.It reduce the amount of configuration that is essential on a switch.It gives a simulated atmosphere for testing attach aggregation.It allows the use of multivendor devices.*LACP permits Fast Ethernet and also Gigabit Ethernet interfaces come be mixed within a single EtherChannel.
Explanation: The link Aggregation manage Protocol (LACP) permits directly connected multivendor switches to negotiate one EtherChannel link. LACP helps create the EtherChannel attach by detecting the configuration of every side and making sure that they are compatible so that the EtherChannel link can be allowed when needed.
31. A switch is configured to run STP. What term describes a non-root port the is permitted to forward traffic on the network?
root portdesignated port*alternate portdisabled
32. What space two advantages of EtherChannel? (Choose two.)
Spanning Tree Protocol views the physical links in an EtherChannel as one logical connection.*Load balancing occurs between links configured as various EtherChannels.Configuring the EtherChannel interface provides consistency in the construction of the physical links.*Spanning Tree Protocol guarantee redundancy through transitioning failure interfaces in one EtherChannel to a forwarding state.EtherChannel offers upgraded physical web links to administer increased bandwidth.
Explanation: EtherChannel construction of one logical interface ensures configuration consistency throughout the physical links in the EtherChannel. The EtherChannel provides increased bandwidth using existing switch ports there is no requiring any upgrades to the physical interfaces. Load balancing methods are implemented between links that are part of the same Etherchannel. Due to the fact that EtherChannel views the bundled physical web links as one reasonable connection, extending tree recalculation is not compelled if among the bundled physical web links fail. If a physical interface fails, STP cannot shift the failed user interface into a forwarding state.
33. Refer to the exhibit.
What room the possible port functions for port A, B, C, and also D in this RSTP-enabled network?
alternate, designated, root, root*designated, alternate, root, rootalternate, root, designated, rootdesignated, root, alternate, root
Explanation: Because S1 is the source bridge, B is a designated port, and also C and D source ports. RSTP support a new port type, alternative port in discarding state, that have the right to be port A in this scenario.
34. Refer to the exhibit.
Which switching modern technology would enable each access layer switch link to it is in aggregated come provide an ext bandwidth between each class 2 switch and also the class 3 switch?
Explanation: PortFast is offered to mitigate the quantity of time that a port spends going with the spanning-tree algorithm, so that devices can start sending data sooner. Trunking have the right to be enforced in conjunction through EtherChannel, yet trunking alone go not accumulation switch links. HSRP is offered to load-balance traffic throughout two various connections to Layer 3 gadgets for default gateway redundancy. HSRP go not aggregate links at one of two people Layer 2 or class 3 as EtherChannel does.
35. Describe the exhibit.
An administrator desires to kind an EtherChannel in between the 2 switches by using the harbor Aggregation Protocol. If switch S1 is configured to be in auto mode, which setting should be configured on S2 to form the EtherChannel?
Explanation: An EtherChannel will be developed via PAgP when both switches room in on mode or as soon as one of lock is in auto or desirable mode and the other is in preferable mode.
36. Open the PT Activity. Do the tasks in the task instructions and then prize the question.
Which collection of configuration commands issued top top SW1 will successfully finish the EtherChannel link between SW1 and SW2?
interface GigabitEthernet0/1no shutdown
interface Port-channel 1no shutdown
interface GigabitEthernet0/2channel-group 2 setting desirable
interface GigabitEthernet0/1channel-group 1 setting desirable**
Explanation: Issuing the display running-configuration command ~ above SW1 mirrors that user interface GigabitEthernet0/1 is lacking the channel-group 1 mode preferable command i beg your pardon will compete the EtherChannel configuration for interface GigabitEthernet0/1 and interface GigabitEthernet0/2.
37. A set of switches is being linked in a LAN topology. I m sorry STP bridge priority value will make it least likely for the move to it is in selected together the root?
38. In which two PVST+ port claims are MAC addresses learned? (Choose two.)
Explanation: The 2 PVST+ port states during which MAC addresses space learned and also populate the MAC resolve table space the learning and the forwarding states.
39. Which port duty is assigned to the switch port that has actually the lowest cost to reach the root bridge?
designated portdisabled portroot port*non-designated port
40. A switch is configured to operation STP. What term describes the switch port closest, in state of all at once cost, to the root bridge
root port*designated portalternate portdisabled
42. A move is configured to operation STP. What term defines a field used to specify a VLAN ID?
extended mechanism ID*port IDbridge prioritybridge ID
43. A move is configured to operation STP. What term describes the reference suggest for all path calculations?
root bridge*root portdesignated portalternate port
44. A move is configured to operation STP. What term explains a field that has a default value of 32,768 and also is the early stage deciding variable whenelecting a source bridge?
bridge priority*MAC Addressextended device IDbridge ID
45. I beg your pardon statement explains an EtherChannel implementation?
EtherChannel operates only at layer 2.PAgP cannot be used in conjunction v EtherChannel.A trunked port can be part of an EtherChannel bundle.*EtherChannel deserve to support up to a preferably of ten different links.
46. Describe the exhibit.
A network administrator approve the display etherchannel summary command top top the switch S1. What conclusion deserve to be drawn?
The EtherChannel is suspended.The EtherChannel is no functional.*The harbor aggregation protocol PAgP is misconfigured.FastEthernet harbor Fa0/1, Fa0/2, and also Fa0/3 perform not join the EtherChannel.
47. I m sorry statement defines a characteristic of EtherChannel?
It can incorporate up to a preferably of 4 physics links.It deserve to bundle mixed types of 100 Mb/s and also 1Gb/s Ethernet links.It is composed of multiple parallel links in between a switch and also a router.It is make by combining multiple physical links that are viewed as one link in between two switches.*
48. Which 2 channel group modes would location an user interface in a negotiating state using PAgP? (Choose two.)
49. Which setting configuration setup would allow formation of one EtherChannel link between switches SW1 and SW2 without sending out negotiation traffic?
SW1: onSW2: on**
SW1: desirableSW2: desirable
SW1: autoSW2: autotrunking allowed on both switches
SW1: autoSW2: autoPortFast permitted on both switches
SW1: passiveSW2: active
50. Refer to the exhibit.
An EtherChannel was configured in between switches S1 and also S2, yet the interfaces carry out not type an EtherChannel. What is the problem?
The user interface port-channel number has to be various on every switch.The move ports were not configured v speed and duplex mode.The switch ports have to be configured as access ports through each port having a VLAN assigned.The EtherChannel was not configured with the very same allowed variety of VLANs on each interface.*
51. As soon as EtherChannel is configured, which mode will force an interface into a harbor channel without exchanging aggregation protocol packets?
52. What are two load-balancing methods in the EtherChannel technology? (Choose two.)
combination of resource port and IP to location port and also IPsource IP to location IP*source port to destination portcombination of source MAC and also IP to destination MAC and IPsource MAC to location MAC*
53. I m sorry protocol gives up come 16 instances of RSTP, combines countless VLANs through the same physical and also logical topology into a common RSTP instance, and provides assistance for PortFast, BPDU guard, BPDU filter, root guard, and also loop guard?
54. What is the outcome of a layer 2 broadcast storm?
Routers will take end the forwarding of frames as switches become congested.New traffic is discarded by the switch due to the fact that it is unable to it is in processed.*CSMA/CD will cause each organize to proceed transmitting frames.ARP transfer requests are returned to the transmitting host.
See more: Do You Say: On A Cold Winter Morning, In The Time Before The Light
55. Which two network style features require Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) to ensure correct network operation? (Choose two.)
static default routesimplementing VLANs come contain broadcastsredundant links between Layer 2 switches*link-state dynamic routing that gives redundant routesremoving solitary points the failure with multiple great 2 switches*
56. A network administrator has actually configured one EtherChannel in between two switches the are associated via 4 trunk links. If the physical user interface for one of the tribe links alters to a down state, what wake up to the EtherChannel?
Spanning Tree Protocol will change the failure physical user interface into forwarding mode.Spanning Tree Protocol will recalculate the remaining trunk links.The EtherChannel will transition to a down state.The EtherChannel will remain functional.*