Our Diablo 3 Season 12 guide contains start dates and times, Conquest details, and the Class Sets you can unlock through Haedrig"s Gift.
You are watching: When does season 12 start diablo 3
Season 12 of Diablo 3 will begin in justa few weeks from now, and seeing as we"re as fond of the odd Diablo binge as anyone else, we thought it might be useful to put together a quick guide on what to expect when the new Season actually kicks off.
We"ll be updating this article considerably over time, but for now we"ve got an outline of what to expect when the current Season concludes, as well as all the details that are currently known about Season 12. Once we have an idea of armour sets and conquests for the new Season, we"ll be sure to add them in as well.
For now though, here"s everything we know about Season 12 of Diablo 3.
We"ve added in a little extra detail about some of the changes that were made to Diablo 3 with the launch of patch 2.6.1 - you can find all this new information in the Class Sets section of this guide.
Diablo 3 Season 12 start date and time
Season 12 of Diablo 3 will begin on Thursday 9th November 2017.
Unusually for Blizzard games, each region updates at the same local time, rather than everything pivoting around the publisher"s local PDT timezone. This ensures that everyone gets a fair crack at the competitive side of things when the race to level and gear up begins.
For quick reference, here"s an overview of when Season 12 goes live in each region around the world:North America: Thursday 9th November at 5:00pm PDTEurope: Thursday 9th November at 5:00pm PDTAsia: Thursday 9th November at 5:00pm PDT
Diablo 3 Season 11 end date and time
That"s when Season 12 kicks off, but when does Season 11 end?
Season 11 of Diablo 3 ends on Friday October 20th. Again, here"s the local breakdown for the avoidance of any confusion!North America: Friday 20th October at 5:00pm PDTEurope: Friday 20th October at 5:00pm PDTAsia: Friday 20th October at 5:00pm PDT
There"s always a gap between individual Seasons, and so you should expect a few weeks of downtime from this more competitive side of the game.
Although you can still view leaderboards and reflect on your achievements against the competition, only the regular non-Seasonal version of the game will be available during this time.
Why does the event conclude on a Thursday, rather than on a Friday when people typically have more time ahead of them at the weekend?
Well, the idea is that if there are any problems with the servers at launch, Blizzard can get stuck in and make the necessary repairs without the game being a mess over the weekend - not ideal when people are racing to beat the rest of the pack.
Season 12 Conquests
The following Conquests have just been confirmed by Blizzard for Season 12 of Diablo 3:Boss Mode - Kill the following bosses at max level on Torment X or higher within 20 minutes of the start of the game
Season 12 Class Sets - Haedrig"s Gift
You can unlock the following sets during Season 12 of Diablo 3:Barbarian - Immortal King"s CallCrusader - Seeker of the LightDemon Hunter - Natalya"s VengeanceMonk - Uliana"s StratagemNecromancer - Trag"Oul"s AvatarWitch Doctor - Spirit of ArachyrWizard - Vyr"s Amazing Arcane
If it"s been a while since you last played Diablo 3, it"s worth being aware of some of the latest changes that have been made to the game. The following stand-out changes were all made in the most recent 2.6.1 patch:Many Legendary and Set items have had their drop rates significantly increased.There have also been a number of rebalancing efforts on individual items to make them more powerful.Rifts have been reworked to reduce the number of deadends in certain tilesets, experience gains and rift progress tweaks have been made, and a couple of Pylon changes should make life easier too.Challenge Mode chests now reward more goodies.
For full details on the above, make sure you check out the complete 2.6.1 Patch Notes over at the official Diablo 3 site.
How will the Season 12 rollover work?
What happens to all of that lovely Gold, loot and Paragon experience you"ve earned in a given Season when it concludes? The good news is that pretty much everything rolls over into the non-Seasonal section of the game, although you will of course start with a blank slate again when Season 12 begins.
Here"s what happens to each different element in the rollover:
- All Seasonal Heroes become converted back into their non-Seasonal Hardcore or Normal equivalents. They"ll occupy the same place in the character roster they"d had during Season play and will be available to “Rebirth” into Season 12, just like any other hero of yours.
- Every drop of Gold is transferred directly into your non-Seasonal account balance. You will not have access to any of that Gold with the characters you play in Season 12 though. It"s straight back to square one again!
- Paragon experience points - not levels - are also rolled over. If you"re at a high level, you may only see a relatively small number of level gains as a result. This prevents people from using Seasonal play to farm easy Paragon levels, and trivialise the system as a result.
- Just like Gold, all of the Blood Shards you"ve picked up for Kadala will be added to your non-Seasonal stash. If that stash is at the current shard cap, you"ll temporarily be allowed to hold more of them, but you won"t be able to farm any more until you"ve freed up some space!
- Weapons and armour will remain on the Seasonal hero when it converts into a non-Seasonal hero. Any items that are in your Season stash will be sent through the mail system and can be claimed up to 30 days from the end of the Season in question.
- If you earn any new recipes during Season play they"ll be rolled over and added to your collection. Ditto, any progress you"ve made on advancing the level of the various in-game Artisans will also be carried over as well.
- Achievements are handled slightly differently. They"re actually updated live as the Season wears on, but Conquests remain separate from this tally (see further on in this guide for more detail).
- Any Legendary Powers you"ve unlocked by using Kanai"s Cube will be preserved in the rollover and will become available to non-Seasonal heroes. As you"d expect though, you won"t have - immediate access to these new upgrades with characters you play in Season 12.
What happens to Leaderboards in Season 12?
When a Season concludes, all Seasonal Leaderboards are wiped clean and you"ll no longer be able to rank up until the next Season begins with a fresh ladder to climb.
That doesn"t mean those achievements are gone for good, but the precise details of who did what and when will only be available to view in-game. When a new Season gets underway, you can compare past and current performances using this same part of the game interface.
If you"d like a historical look at who"s been top dog in Seasons gone by, take a look at the official ranking site for Diablo 3.
Something to keep in mind as well is that even the non-Seasonal Greater Rift Leaderboards get cleared once a Season ends as well.
What happens to Conquests in Season 12?
Conquests are special challenges that change for each Season. They don"t roll over when a Season finishes, because they"re not available to non-Seasonal characters.
See more: Which Of The Following Best Describes Extemporaneous Delivery?
Note also that Conquests do not affect your Achievement point tally that"s attached to your non-Season gameplay. See the Conquest section further up in this guide for details of what Conquests to expect in Season 12.
That"s everything we know about Season 12 of Diablo 3 for now! As soon as we have more details about the new event we"ll add them to this guide. Keep this article bookmarked for all the latest!