Being indigenous Texas bring a certain set of expectations. Some room good, some space funny, and some are simply ridiculous.
You are watching: Only two things come from texas
There space many, yet here space 15 clichés every recruit hears at boot camp:
1. “Only steers and queers come from Texas exclusive cowboy, and also you don’t lot look like a command to me so the kinda narrows that down” – Sergeant Hartman, “Full metal Jacket” (1987)girlfriend know just how it goes. You acquire to a new unit and the an initial thing who asks is what’s her name and also where you’re from. Girlfriend say, “my name is ____” followed by, “I’m indigenous Texas.” The first thing you acquire is the Gunny Hartman quote around steers and queers. That doesn’t get much more original 보다 that (note my sarcasm).
2. The drill instructor calls girlfriend “Lone Star” to solitary you out.
What the hell space you act Lone Star? Why room you the end of formation!? This one is worth owning.
3. Everyone calls you “Tex” rather of her name. This generally happens for the an initial two weeks of boots camp while anyone is still discovering names.
“There was Dallas, indigenous Phoenix; Cleveland – he to be from Detroit; and Tex… well, i don’t remember wherein Tex come from.” – Forrest Gump, “Forrest Gump” (1994)
4. Everyone assumes you have a horse earlier home.
Nope. As well expensive.
5. Everyone native Texas goes hunting.
Not really. But we do have actually a friend that walk who’d let us tag along with if we wanted to.
6. The other recruits i think you understand your method around a rifle due to the fact that everyone in Texas has a gun.
… due to the fact that Texas has that open carry law.
7. You eat BBQ because that every meal.
We f–king love BBQ! And, we don’t settle for the nonsense other states call BBQ. Your choice of meat through pepper and salt end misquite is all you need.
8. All Texans are stupid.
They’re just mistaking ours Texan drawl because that being slow.
9. You prospered up ~ above a ranch.
Where carry out you think we perform all our BBQing, shooting, and hunting? Actually, no. Cities favor San Antonio, Dallas/Fort Worth, and also Houston are amongst the largest in the country. There’s no room for a ranch in the asphalt jungle.
10. You must have actually an oil fine in your backyard.
Who execute you think us are, the Beverly Hillbillies?
11. You probably have a big truck.
If us don’t have one, us really desire one. Who doesn’t?
12. People from Texas are the an interpretation of “Murica.”
We’re very patriotic, which is why there’s constantly a grasp of recruits native the an excellent state in her unit.
13. Soccer is your religion.
Yes. Us go to church every Friday (high institution football), Saturday (college football), and also Sunday (NFL football).
14. You have actually long horns over your fireplace or on her vehicle.
Nope. No so much. That would go well v UT Longhorn gear though.
See more: 70,078 Hot Guy Profile Pictures, 67,299 Guys Stock Photos
15. You’re indigenous Texas, so as such you’re a redneck. Nope, I’m a Texan.
“Texans often tend to ride steeds whereas rednecks ride your cousins.” — kris Kyle, “American Sniper” (2014)