1. Utilizing a steel frame with masonry sheathing, the ________, designed by louis Sullivan, is thought by plenty of to be the first genuinely contemporary building.o Wainwright Buildingo Eiffel Towero crystal Palaceo lever Houseo Chrysler Building
2. Stacking and piling is another term for:o post-and-lintel.o arch and also vault.o load-bearing construction.o the repair of rock fences.o none of this answers is correct.
You are watching: ________ is most famous for his design of the geodesic dome.
3. The Byodo-in temple in Kyoto, Japan, is an elegant instance of:o the worldwide style.o postmodern architecture.o the Neoclassical style.o Gothic architecture.o post-and-lintel architecture.
4. Built almost 2000 years ago, the ________ is an enduring testament to the Roman use of the arch.o Pont du Gard at Nîmeso Hagia Sophiao Reims Cathedralo Acropolis in Athenso nobody of these answers is correct.
5. ________ is most famous for his style of the geodesic dome.o cutting board Jeffersono Anthemius of Tralleso Joseph Paxtono louis Sullivano R. Buckminster Fuller
6. The complying with is not true around art museum architecture.o man Russell Pope"s neoclassical nationwide Gallery harmonizes through the other structures on the Washington, D.C., mall.o Zaha Hadid"s Rosenthal facility for modern Art has two highly contrasting façades.o frank Gehry"s Guggenheim Museum Bilbao is clad in titanium.o john Russell Pope"s national Gallery was at first praised for its put in order style.o open minded Gehry"s Guggenheim Museum Bilbao style required one aerospace-design computer program.
7. A ________ is a horizontal kind supported at only one end.o corniceo keystoneo pendentiveo paris buttresso cantilever
8. Once a huge hall is constructed using post-and-lintel construction methods, the result "virtual forest of columns" is dubbed a:o nave.o barrel vault.o hypostyle hall.o groin vault.o portico.
9. Follow to the author, a ________ is actually an arch extended in depth, as if there room "many arches placed flush one behind the other."o buttresso pedimento voluteo barrel vaulto pier
10. A flying buttress is an arched exterior assistance system discovered on:o a mosque.o a roman bridge.o a geodesic dome.o a Gothic cathedral.o a fountain.
11. The round opened in the dome that the Pantheon is dubbed a(n)o rotunda.o oculus.o pendentive.o coffer.o cantilever.
1. Two components that decision the success of any kind of structural mechanism are:o weight and also tensile strength.o the placement of that dome and its pendentives.o the straight ratio of structure to wall surface and wall surface to roof.o the tension and compression of each buttress.o none of these answers is correct.
2. The Doric, Ionic, and Corinthian formats are known as the:o international style.o covering system.o hypostyle.o Gothic architecture.o Greek orders.
3. The capability of a product to expectancy horizontal distances with a minimum of assistance is called:o vaulting.o tensile strength.o tension.o buttressing.o compression.
4. Developed for the World"s fair in 1889, the ________ was very early experiment in stole construction.o Wainwright Buildingo decision Palaceo Eiffel Towero bar Houseo Chrysler Building
5. The International layout emphasizes:o clean lines.o geometric form.o avoidance of superficial decoration.o every one of these.o none of these answers is correct.
6. Fallingwater (the Kaufmann house in be afflicted with Run, Pennsylvania) is a prime example of the "organic" architecture of:o candid Lloyd Wright.o Le Corbusier.o frank Gehry.o M. Pei.o john Russell Pope.
7. ________rotated 360 degrees on that axis is called a dome.o A piero one archo A capitalo A porticoo A vault
8. The two straightforward families of structural systems in design are:o the Postmodern and also the Classical.o the pier and also the cantilever.o the shell and the skeleton-and-skin.o the Romanesque and the Greek.o the modern and the Postmodern.
See more: Watch Steven Universe Season 4 Episode 9, Dailymotion Video Player
9. Building contractors of Gothic basilicas reinforced the wall surfaces of their design from the external with:o piers.o Corinthian columns.o flying buttresses.o groin vaults.o both piers and also flying buttresses.
10. The Taj Mahal was developed by the 17th-century Moslem emperor for what purpose?o as a mosqueo together a monumento as a tomb for his relativeso as a tomb for his wifeo together a home
11. The skeleton-and-skin framework the Crystal royal residence was design by ____________ in 1851.o louis Sullivano Gustav Eiffelo candid Lloyd Wrighto Joseph Paxtono john R. Pope
window.thedailysplash.tv<"productClickLinkData"> = <"name":"c10 art","id":"216425375","price":"","category":"premium content","variant":"study guide","position":"","brand":"rchvctr">; QLoad("thedailysplash.tv.productClickLinkData"); return;})}elsewindow.thedailysplash.tv<"productClickLinkData"> = <"name":"c10 art","id":"216425375","price":"","category":"premium content","variant":"study guide","position":"","brand":"rchvctr">; QLoad("thedailysplash.tv.productClickLinkData"); return;;window.location.assign("https://thedailysplash.tv/216425375/c10-art-flash-cards/");" id="1-216425375">