Which of the following ACL commands would permit web-browsing traffic from any IP address to any IP address?A. access-list acl_2 deny tcp any anyB. access-list acl_2 permit http any anyC. access-list acl_2 deny tcp host 18.104.22.168 host 22.214.171.124 eq wwwD. access-list acl_2 permit icmp any any
– D. access-list acl_2 permit icmp any any- To permit ICMP traffic from any IP address or network to any IP address or network:
What kind of firewall blocks traffic based on application data contained within the packets?A. Host-based firewallB. Content-filtering firewallC. Packet-filtering firewallD. Stateless firewall
– B. Content-filtering firewall- Content-filtering firewalls, can block designated types of traffic based on application data contained within packets.
You are watching: At what layer of the osi model do proxy servers operate?
Which of the following features is common to both an NGFW and traditional firewalls?A. Application ControlB. IDS and/or IPSC. User awarenessD. User authentication
Which NGFW feature allows a network admin to restrict traffic generated by a specific game?A. Content filterB. User awarenessC. Context awarenessD. Application awareness
– D. Application Awareness- Application aware- monitor and limit the traffic of specific applications, including the applications vendor and digital signature. This includes built-in Application Control features.
What software might be installed on a device in order to authenticate it to the network?A. Operating SystemB. Security policyC. NAC (network access control)D. Agent
– D. Agent- On some networks, software called an Agent must be installed on the device before the device can be authenticated.
Which of the following is not one of the three AAA services provided by RADIUS and TACACS+?A. AuthenticationB. AuthorizationC. Access ControlD. Accounting
What feature on Windows Server allows for agentless authentication?A. AD (Active Directory)B. ACL (access control list)C. IDS (intrusion detection system)D. Network-based firewall
– A. Active Directory- Not all networks require agents. Active Directory, which allows for agentless authentication, in which the user is authenticated to a domain.
Which command on an Arista switch would require an SNMP notification when too many devices try to connect to a port?A. mac-limitB. switchport port-securityC. storm-controlD. shutdown
– B. switchport port-security- This is essentially a MAC filtering function that also protects against MAC flooding, which makes it a type of flood guard. Acceptable MAC addresses are stored in a MAC address table, which can be configured manually or dynamically from its default of 1 up to a maximum number of devices as determined administrator. Once the MAC address table is full, a security violation occurs if another device attempts to connect to the port.
Active Directory and 389 Directory Server are both compatible with which directory access protocol?A. LDAPB. RADIUSC. KerberosD. AES
– A. LDAP- In order for clients to authenticate to network resources, some sort of directory server on the network must maintain a database of account information, such as usernames, passwords, and any other authentication credentials. Often this is accomplished in AD(active directory) or something more Linux-focused like OpenLDAP or 389 Directory Server. LDAP (lightweight directory access protocol)
– Content filtering, which is possible because they function at the Application layer rather than at the lower, Network layer.- Proxy servers can also improve performance for users accessing resources external to their network by caching files.
– When troubleshooting a problematic connection between two hosts, or between some applications or ports on two hosts, consider that the problem might be a misconfigured ACL